Thursday, January 19, 7:30 p.m.
Parlor of the Community Church, 354 Rock Road, Glen Rock
LWV of Glen Rock & LWV of Fair Lawn will hold a joint consensus meeting on the LWVNJ topic Sexual Assault in College Communities. NOTE: the parking lot and entrance for the Parlor are on Hamilton Avenue, just off Rock Road.
Thursday, January 26, 7:30 p.m.
Home of Elaine Winshell
LWV of Fair Lawn will hold a meeting on State Program Planning.
Friday, January 27, Program Planning results due to LWVNJ
Wednesday, February 1, 7:30 p.m.
Closter Library, High Street, Closter
LWV Northern Valley will hold a meeting on Sexual Assault in College Communities. Based on information compiled by the state League, Northern Valley members will:
• Explain how “sexual assault” is defined and what constitutes “consent”
• Discuss the role of local law enforcement and campus administration
• Identify ways to prevent sexual assaults in New Jersey colleges.
Three experts will be on hand:
• Liz Corsini who directs sexual assault prevention/intervention efforts on high school campuses for the Bergen Family Center in Englewood
• Helen Archontou, CEO of the Bergen County YWCA, speaks on the topic of campus sexual assault and
• members of the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Special Crime Victim Nurses and Prosecutor’s Office.
After learning about the issue, the League will work toward consensus for policies that reduce or eliminate sexual assault in NJ’s college communities. You are invited to attend to learn about this topic. Please invite others to join you.
Friday, February 17, consensus reports due to LWVNJ
April 28-29, LWVNJ Convention