Making Democracy Work
The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major policy issues and influences public policy through education and advocacy. It neither supports nor opposes candidates or political parties. Membership is open to all women and men who subscribe to its purpose.
- April 12 Deadline to change party affiliation for those voters already affiliated with a party for June primary election
- April 18 Last day to register or change voting address for nonpartisan municipal elections
- May 9 Nonpartisan Municipal Elections in some municipalities
- May 16 Last day to register or change voting address for primary elections
- May 30 Deadline for mailed application for a vote by mail ballot to the County Clerk
- June 5, 3 p.m. deadline for applying for a vote by mail ballot in person at the County Clerk’s office
- June 6 Primary Election Day (Polls open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
LWV Bergen County: Minna Greenberg, President
Fair Lawn, Ilene Kahn, President
Glen Rock, Carole Schwartz, President
Northern Valley, Chris Sagona, contact
Ridgewood, Anne Burton Walsh, President
Teaneck, Arlene Gartenberg, contact
See ABOUT US or CONTACT US for more information.